Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Actress Has Scheduling Conflict

The Agent's Assistant contacted me today to inform me that the actress had just accepted an offer for another movie which shoots at the same time as mine. I said "We can push if she's interested in doing my film. Has anyone read it?" She declined to answer the question by saying "I just called to give you this information." At which point I reiterated that the date was mostly chosen because it's hiatus for TV season, but if I knew within a week or so if she was going to be interested, I could schedule around it.

I'm not totally sure what this means because on the one hand, I'm on the radar enough to be called. On the other hand, my suspicion is that no one has read it. Pushing six weeks is fine by me as long as it's a lock. If she locked in next week, I wouldn't mind the extra six weeks of delay - I'll just get the FX started early and have more prep time. But if it will be a decline - then I'd like to know sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I'm still writing.

No comments: