Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Finishing Script Changes

First off - I actually took last weekend off. I took an in-home vacation. Basically - I did what most people probably do on weekends, talked with friends, sat at cafe's and restaurants for hours on end. Yes, of course we talked about movies and movie business stuff - but it was also very social and different and I will definitely try to incorporate more of these sorts of occasions into my schedule. I seem to always spend any "free time" I have traveling away from my home and then being sucked into someone else's schedule. Was nice to actually have the feeling of not having to do anything.

It did put me 2 days behind though.

So, here I am tonight finishing the final changes to the script. I made some slightly more drastic changes than I had originally planned. Still nothing structurally different. I could make a few more changes, but I am going to stop in an hour and leave it at that (assuming I've closed the last hole that I've opened).

Tomorrow I will call the agency.

I'm so nervous about that. It reminds me of the very first time I called a girl up who I didn't know very well and asked her out. I think I sat by the phone for 3 hours. I picked it up. Put it down. I thought about it. I never dialed and then hung up though - but when I finally did dial, I got through immediately and I didn't even stumble in my question. She turned me down in one pretty simple phrase, I think it was "I don't think so." But it wasn't that painful. Almost a relief just to have the question answered.

My expectations are for some abuse tomorrow. We'll see. I'm only approaching the one actress. I'm not offering pay or play because it seems like too little an offer to do that. I know my offer parameters, the hopeful shoot date. I will report it here immediately after I've phoned though.

My biggest concern is the response of.... "Who exactly are you? And why do you think our client would bother reading anything you wrote?" The only thing I have going for me is that the film is financed. Very limited financing to be sure, but it can be shot as scripted. So, unlike many projects, it will happen if she wants to do it.

You know what I'm doing right now? I'm avoiding writing. I've got to go finish.

No comments: