Friday, February 17, 2006

Friend Declined

Apparently my friend just did a movie where the character had the same major event in a similar movie and has another ongoing offer on the table for another similar path... So she felt three would be too many. Open to doing another film, but not this one.

I just finished all that work I had to do and was hoping to jump full force into this film now, but the new goal this weekend will be to evaluate if I think without anyone attached I'll be taken seriously by any actors. I guess I could always toss my hat into the circle to find out.

I only slept 3 hours last night due to finishing up "the other job's work" and clearing my schedule... So now isn't the best time for blogging or decision making. But I thought it was important to put this into the chronicles.

Right now I'm thinking of everything from abandoning this project for doing a much more unique and specific type of film, geared specifically for actors I know I could cast (and check in advance that they'd do it)... and make sure the locations are not impossible for me to find.

There are plenty of projects to do... The problem is that I can't afford to do most of them without getting investors and I was really trying to avoid that.

Maybe I'll just go out to the other cast people anyway and hope that I get a response. I don't know. My concern with that would be to get just one of the actors... Then I'm in a bind if I can't get another one. We'll see. I do know I need a cast to justify the investment though. I have another friend I could ask - doesn't fit the profile I had in mind when I thought up the whole scheme though.

I think maybe in my over tired weary state I'll drift into thoughts and see if some new project magically materializes in my head. And if not, I'll get practical tomorrow and figure out how to go forward.

No comments: