Monday, February 20, 2006

How To Proceed

After a bit of pondering (read as deflated disappointment), I think the answer is in the "What do I have to lose?" If the only thing you have to lose is being rejected, then you have nothing to lose if you reward yourself with the pride of having tried.

Having Tried > Being Rejected.

Meaning, you get more points for having tried than you lose for being rejected - so your net sum points is greater even if you are rejected after trying. This rule applies for all things. I wish I'd learned it when I was 10 years old. Actually I learned and knew a lot of things at ten. Perhaps I should say "believed this when I was ten."

I am not expecting to get a yes. The people who profess that you create your own existence by what you believe have not spent much time in Hollywood. Actors always get the parts they think they wouldn't get and never get the parts from auditions they "nailed." I think the rule is - if you believe enough to try, then you believe enough to make it happen.

Anyway - Since I'm not expecting to get a yes from the talent for whom I (and I semi-alone) have deemed worthy of the investment, I am going to push the start date to allow the actors 1 full month (2 weeks per actor ideally) to read it. So, new start date would be may 15th. Blah, but takes off the stress. I will say that it is negotiable. I need six weeks to prepare the movie minimum. In the meantime, I will pick one of four projects to create, develop, finish, or push. I've started that process today.

Tomorrow and the next day I will focus on finishing a rewrite of this movie and then just send it off and wait... but not count on anything. Move forward in other directions.

No comments: