Friday, February 10, 2006

Setting things up

Helped friends with their network auditions a lot this week. That kind of stuff hopefully pays off down the line.

"Famous Friend" will give me a yay or nay by next Monday.

Sunday I am having a reading for the script. This is sort of "last looks" for the script. "Speak now or forever hold your piece" on the go ahead. I have a few friends coming to this in addition to the readers. I'm hoping of course everyone gets excited and goes "great! this will be awesome." I'm open to them going... "hm... not sure this is ready." Honestly, if people are mediocre on it and my friend doesn't want to do it, I may cancel it. It's okay - I will then just do something else instead. Maybe prepare the "other film" and plan to shoot the super low budget one instead. Or, as I warned my best friend, stop doing film all together and finish that crazy performance art piece I've always been working on. I think she is secretly hoping I do that. :)

Tonight I am doing the script breakdown (finally) which will give me a sense of the EXACT number of days all the talent will need to be there. Also shows me where character balances might be out of whack. It's a very interesting way of looking at your script. For example, I'm realizing one important character practically disappears in the middle. Seems wrong now that I see it this way. I will need to fix that.

This also acts as the base for the budgeting process - though in the case of this film, it won't affect the budget that much.

No comments: