Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Location 01 review

Saw the first option for locations this morning.

I don't think it will work. It didn't seem like there was a good way of making it cheaper and, frankly, I'm not sure it is healthy to be there. Lots of lead paint chipping everywhere. Too many strikes, it's out. The cost of california security is ridiculous. It makes any free locations expensive.

I am going to call realitors and ask about the basements of any empty retail spaces. Also now contacting people about the cost of building on a stage or warehouse. It's a pretty simple set, but large.

I am going to push my start date by 2 weeks to April 15.

I don't want to approach cast until I have several things figure out.

1. Who will negotiate the contracts. I have used a lawyer in the past, I need to touch base with him.
2. I need to set up an LLC for liability, so will need to have that started at least.
3. I need to know I will be able to afford the dang location without outbalancing the movie.

No comments: