Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tidbits

Renamed the movie! The new title sounds so much less B-movie horror and much more like a drama. I like it that way. Never cared for the other title. There was meant to be a slight irony in it which was lost on... everyone... including me after a while.

Starting to talk to people to potentially get involved now. Sticking to my minimalist crew plan.

Spoke to someone today about a potential presales plan - but the logistics seem wrong. Wouldn't mind selling a country or two - but the whole point of self-financing was to push the project forward. Still, not bad to have some distributors aware of the project. It did, actually, make me start thinking that maybe I should put a package together for "the other" film which would be salable at Cannes based on the package alone. I would need to make a couple more attachments. But that might be the thing to put together. Could cut some existing footage with some new bits of sample art and make a little presentation for it. Hmmmmm... Doesn't help this film much - but I'm adamantly non-myopic on this. I don't want to make this movie my career - it's just the first step. As I said early on, I want to move into preproduction on movie 2 immediately after finishing movie 1.

Whatever the artist working on concepts can come up with in time, we can include those into the package as well.

One thing about Cannes... would have been nice to have enough footage to cut a trailer together - but I don't really see that as possible if I start shooting in mid April verses April 1. Unless I let someone else edit while I'm shooting and then just use whatever we shoot in the first 2 weeks.

No comments: