Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The "Other Movie"

Ah - but nothing is that easy.

First of all - I finally just finished a huge project (which involved directing) and the final product had so much insatiable fantastically. The endless hours have not only left me a bit tired, but the fantasy has really influenced me. Both are dangerous. The tiredness simply because it cuts down on my intention to focus daily on making this movie (and blog daily about any progress). The influence because it can be a distraction - and it has become one.

The following summarizes the last couple days:

Now I'm going to sound whimsical and say that I'm very much considering doing another movie that I had shelved in the past because it needed a budget. But times have changed and I think I could actually do this new film for quite a low budget. It's sexy, exotic, sweet, epic, slightly surreal and something I've wanted to do for many years. There is even a part for my Famous Friend.

So I got very excited and immediately started gathering some inspirational imagery. (I like having a design book so I can get people on the same page as me early on.) I had dinner with my friend and talked to her about it. After that I called the investor who had told me that if I had a project with Famous Friend then he could probably raise the rest of the money. He is living in a foreign country right now, so we'll call him The Foreign Investor. Now, he's a friend and a good person and I'm sure wants the best for me. But when I spoke to him he began to suggest that in order to really push it through I would need Famous Friend to not only be in it, but to be really pushing it and probably a few more cast members who are well known. Unfortunately at that point, I could go almost anywhere. I think his suggestions are absolutely well meaning, but as we've already discovered - even well meaning people can actually create delays.

So, I'm instantly going back to the Horror Film. However, I'm still very excited about this one and will continue to develop it just in case anything with the Horror film slips.

No comments: